Flawless skin requires the very best care. Part of this care involves powerful protection against the harsh UVA and UVB rays from the sun. Unfortunately, many still fail to incorporate a sun protection factor or SPF product into their daily skincare regime. Did you know that exposure to the sun without protecting your skin can accelerate premature aging? Read also 25 Best Moisturizers For Oily, Acne-Prone Skin.
The sun wreaks havoc on the youthful condition of your complexion and with prolonged exposure, increases the risk of sunspots, uneven skin tone, fine lines, crows feet, and wrinkles. Fortunately, investing in a quality sunscreen can help protect against the UV damage our skin can easily suffer from. With a closer look at SPF favorites this summer, you can maintain beautiful, smooth skin the easy way!
Best SPF Favorites this Summer
Why is it Important to Wear SPF?
According to statistics released by the Skin Cancer Foundation, over 90% of age-related changes in your skin are caused by sun damage. Exposure to the UV rays of the sun is directly responsible for the rapid formation of wrinkles. A broad-spectrum SPF combined with sunglasses and a sun hat is the most effective way to avoid UVA and UVB damage.
How to Choose the Best SPF
A sun protection factor of 20 or higher is considered best to protect against the intensity of the sun’s UVA and UVB light during the summer months. Most fail to add an SPF to their daily skincare applications owing to the chalky and often greasy consistency these products contain. Also, check out 10 Best Korean Moisturizer For Combination Skin.
With advances in SPF everyday sunscreen products from some of your much-loved skincare brands, you can experience the luxury of hydration, age-defying ingredients, and sun protection at its finest. This means more days spent outdoors, on the beach, or relaxing in beautiful weather without the risk of severely oily skin and clogged pores responsible for breakouts.
After much research and a closer look at the top-rated sunscreens, we have created the following list of SPF favorites for this summer to protect your skin and leave you with a beautiful, glowing complexion:
Read Related: 5 Best Evening Serum For Acne Prone Skin
Top best everyday sunscreen products
1. Clinique Mineral Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50
Clinique remains one of the most popular and much-loved skincare brands. Recognized for its diverse applications and anti-aging ingredients, the Mineral Sunscreen Fluid includes the highest SPF rating for a beautified and protected complexion.
The lightweight formulation not only glides onto your skin seamlessly but is also non-comedogenic. This means that it will not clog your pores and cause those dreaded blemishes! The unique mineral formulation helps create a protective yet breathable barrier over the skin. We certainly recommend Clinique’s SPF 50 range specifically for combination to oily skin types. Check out 10 Best Korean Cleansing Oil For Acne Prone Skin.
Clinique 'Sun' Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Face Cream
- Clinique 'Sun' Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Face Cream
2. Dermalogica PowerBright TRX Pure Light SPF 50
Dermalogica is a trusted skincare range that not only provides protection against the harshest UVA and UVB rays but also brightens and lightens your skin at the same time.
Its unique formulation has been created to protect against the intense rays of the sun but also to hydrate and exfoliate the dermis (the surface layer of your skin) to address uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and a dull complexion. Dermalogica SPF5 50 is one of the very few skincare applications that will not cause an ashy complexion after use.
Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50, 1.7 Fl Oz
- Provides long-lasting hydration and critical protection against UV light
- Blends smoothly into skin for a perfected finish
- Formulated without artificial fragrances, color or parabens
3. La Roche Posey Melt-in Sunscreen Milk SPF 60
With an SPF 60, La Roche has really brought the big guns out! The melt-in sunscreen milk speaks of sheer luxuriousness synonymous with the brand. As one of our SPF favorites this summer, it delivers an incredibly smooth application that does not leave skin feeling greasy. Read more on Skin Care Routine For Oily Acne Skin.
The higher SPF is great for those who spent most of their time outdoors during spring and summer. It also offers a stay-fast consistency, which means it stays on your skin even when out and about, at the gym or on the beach. A great addition when you need high-level protection.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-In Sunscreen Milk Body & Face Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 60, Oxybenzone Free, Oil-Free Sunscreen, Water Resistant
- Broad Spectrum SPF 60
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Fast absorbing, non grEasy texture for face and body
- Fast absorbing, water resistant, non greasy texture that leaves skin hydrated and smooth with velvety finish
- High UVA protection (PFA 26) and SPF 60 for outdoor use that helps protect the skin from UV induced skin damage
4. Tom Ford Face Protect SPF 50
From a high sun protection factor of 50 to deeply hydrating and antioxidant enriched ingredients, Tom Ford delivers with the Face Protect line. Serving as both a primer and an SPF, it is the perfect solution for smooth protected skin when worn under makeup.
Face Protect Broad Spectrum SPF 50
5. Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless Protection SPF 30
No one wants to feel weighed down by their sunscreen. For an incredibly smooth and lightweight SPF, the Rouleau range is perfect for those with problem skin. If you suffer from blemishes, inflammation of skin sensitivity, this range helps prevent further agitation and breakouts. It is richly hydrating making it the ideal product choice for those looking for a simple yet effective SPF.
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless Sunscreen Face Lotion, Broad-Spectrum Protection, SPF 30, 1.7 Ounces
$7.99 in stock
- UVA UVB Level protection : Broad spectrum UVA and UVB coverage keeps your skin looking its best. Available in SPF 30; Recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation (Recommended as an effective UV sunscreen, Approval EPC0123 131)
- Barely there feel : Silk Hydration Weightless Facial Sunscreen provides a unique breathable formula with a light, air soft texture that feels as if its barely on
- Nourish & protect : Convenient, easy-to-apply sunscreen bathes skin in air soft sun protection and moisturizes for 12 hours, leaving your skin soft and glowing
- Luxurious formula : Our moisturizing formula is blended with a variety of exotic island botanical; This sunscreen keeps skin radiant while providing effective sun protection
- Let your senses take you away : Luxurious tropical scented sunscreen, infused with our classic coconut fragrance and mango fruit extract, provides an authentic island feel no matter where you are
6. CeraVe Anti-Aging Face Cream SPF 30
The CeraVe Anti-Aging SPF 30 face cream is ideal for intense summer climates where UV rays can become incredibly harsh. Not only does it provide the sun protection you need but contains retinols essential for fighting and preventing the signs of aging.
It contains zinc oxide which is another essential and protective element for the skin. The range is ideal for summer and winter use as it protects against the harsh sun and the dry, chapped skin condition that sun and cold winds can cause.
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF 30 | 3 Ounce | Daily Face Moisturizer with SPF | Fragrance Free
$13.49 in stock
- [ BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 ] A micro-fine zinc oxide sunscreen for UVA/UVB protection. This CeraVe moisturizer with SPF is a hydrating facial lotion that spreads easily, is absorbed quickly, and leaves a non-greasy finish
- [ OIL FREE DAY CREAM ] Use this daily face sunscreen as the last step in a morning skincare routine. If layering with an eye cream, moisturizer or facial serum, apply Cerave AM facial lotion after other product applications have been fully absorbed
- [ SUNSCREEN WITH NIACINAMIDE ] Contains Hyaluronic Acid to retain skin's moisture and Niacinamide to help calm skin. MVE Technology delivers hydration throughout the day
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Recommended for daily use by the Skin Cancer Foundation. Fragrance free, oil free, non-comedogenic, paraben-free. Suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone skin
7. Soleil Superiéur Revive SPF 50
We love Soleil and we certainly love the Soleil Revive SPF 50 as one of our SPF favorites this summer. With endorsement by the Skin Cancer Foundation, this rich cream is the ideal solution to keep your complexion safeguarded against UVA and UVB damage.
Replenix UltiMATTE Perfection Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50+, 1.6 Oz
- Product Type:Luxury_Beauty
- Item Package Dimension:1.75 " L X1.75 " W X 4.5 " H
- Item Package Weight:0.12 lbs
- Country Of Origin: United States
8. SkinCeuticals Sheer Mineral UV Defense SPF 30
SkinCeuticals is widely known for the silky feel it leaves behind with every nourishing application. Created to nourish and protect your skin, it does not leave a sticky or oily sensation once applied. SkinCeuticals incorporates a range of skincare minerals with an oil-free consistency preventing against blemishes while hydrating the skin. Read more on The Right Order To Apply Skin Care Products
Skinceuticals UV Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen, Physical Fusion, 4.2 Fluid Ounce
- Sheer, filmless tint adaptable to all skin tones
- Boosts radiance for a more even, luminous complexion
- Contains transparent zinc oxide, the only UV filter spanning the full UVA/uvb spectrum
9. Institut Esthederm Adaptasun Face Cream
Incorporating advanced skincare technology, the Adaptasun Face Cream range offers UV protection while activating the skin’s natural melanin for a golden glow. A great product for a sun-kissed glow, however, a strong SPF is recommended for climates with intense UV conditions through the summer.
Read related: Best 10 Remedies For Sunburn And Instant Relief
- Best SPF Favorites this Summer
- Why is it Important to Wear SPF?
- How to Choose the Best SPF
- Top best everyday sunscreen products
- 1. Clinique Mineral Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50
- 2. Dermalogica PowerBright TRX Pure Light SPF 50
- 3. La Roche Posey Melt-in Sunscreen Milk SPF 60
- 4. Tom Ford Face Protect SPF 50
- 5. Tropic Silk Hydration Weightless Protection SPF 30
- 6. CeraVe Anti-Aging Face Cream SPF 30
- 7. Soleil Superiéur Revive SPF 50
- 8. SkinCeuticals Sheer Mineral UV Defense SPF 30
- 9. Institut Esthederm Adaptasun Face Cream