How to Keep Skin Tight After Weight Loss
Thinking about managing your skincare and weight loss? I know pursuing a weight loss venture requires dedication and complete lifestyle changes but with the success comes changes in the condition of your skin. Shedding those excess pounds is great but what most people are not prepared for is the loss in skin elasticity.
You may find areas along your face start to sag or underarm skin eventually droop and sway. With a look at skincare and weight loss, we can help you take the right preventative steps.
- Firming creams like Firming cream, Collagen, Retinoid, Grapeseed oil
- Supplements like Collagen hydrolysate, Vitamin C, Gelatine
- Lose more weight
- Massage the area of loose skin to increase blood flow
- Cosmetic procedures like Chemical peels, Ablative laser resurfacing, Ultrasound skin tightening, Radiofrequency treatments, IPL/RF combination treatments, Neuromodulators.
Related: Birth Control Pills and Weight Gain
Weight Loss and Your Skin
To initiate the necessary skin tightening methods, you have to understand how the loss of fat affects the skin tone. With large amounts of weight loss over a short period of time, there will always be excess skin that you cannot eliminate without having surgery. There are, however, practices you can apply to reduce the amount of stretch and potential sag in your skin while in the process of losing weight.
1. Slow Down Your Weight Loss
The major cause of extreme skin sag and a lack of elasticity is because the decrease in fat is rapid. This does not provide the skin a sufficient amount of time to reduce with such losses. Monitoring your progress and avoiding extreme measures can assist in helping the body adjust to such changes without risking a loss of suppleness.
Eve Lom Intense Firming Serum, 1 Ounce
- A weightless, non-greasy and quick-dissolving serum
- Formulated with MPC concentrate from milk, rich in age-defying cytokines
- Helps stimulate skin's connective tissue to reinforce dermis
2. Use Hydrating Skincare Products
When weight loss is successful, you can minimize sagging and stretched skin by applying a quality skincare regime. Managing skincare and weight loss can seem difficult. Assisting your skin in maintaining its elasticity and tone relies on the right type of beauty practices.
Fortunately, there are products you can incorporate to maintain dermal firmness and achieve that beautiful supple appeal you are working so hard to achieve.
The problem with losing weight that has accumulated over a period of years is that collagen and elastin become constrained and rapidly decrease. Combine age with weight loss, and there is a higher risk of being left with a lack of tautness.
Looking at skincare and weight loss and to keep your skin tight after weight loss requires an intensive hydration and collagen restoration procedure.
To provide your skin the support it needs during weight loss incorporate richly hydrating solutions. We recommend the use of quality moisturizing creams that contain retinoids.
Retinoids are vitamin A compounds that have shown to boost the production of collagen and smooth the skin over a period of a few weeks. Retinol A is the most common of this formulation and can be found in many skin firming and age-defying creams.
Related: Glowy Face After Weight Loss
Retinol A has proven most successful in improving the amount of collagen in the skin. Collagen and elastin are important elements in maintaining elasticity and firmness. It is important to note that there is no single cream that will automatically tighten those target areas but it can minimize further stretch and loss of suppleness.
RETINOL Night Cream Face Moisturizer Anti Aging Anti Wrinkle Paraben Free - Facial Skin Repair Firming For All Skin Types
- YOU HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE ULTIMATE ANTI AGING NIGHT CREAM Our scientifically-formulated blend is fortified with active ingredients that work all night long to improve your skin’s texture while visibly reducing the appearance of fine lines and pores so wake-up refreshed.
- LIGHTENS, TIGHTENS AND BRIGHTENS WHILE RESTORING SKIN Premium natural ingredients produce stunning results. Retinol promotes synthesis of collagen to restore elasticity and tighten skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and cleansing and tightening pores.
- PERFECT FORMULA FOR ALL SKIN TYPES, INCLUDING YOURS Even the most sensitive skin benefits from this powerful hydrating, regenerating, anti-aging cream that reduces acne and uneven texture while visibly reducing signs of aging as it rejuvenates stressed skin.
- EXPERIENCE COUI’S UNIQUE DROP OF LOVE World-renowned biochemist and skincare expert Dr. Sivak and her team deliver a precise scientifically-formulated blend, overflowing with high-potency anti-aging ingredients so your skin’s radiance shines from the inside out.
- ULTIMATE VALUE FOR YOUR DAILY ROUTINE You deserve the best. Try COUI Skincare Retinol Night Cream to see the results. We believe in our exceptional products and have developed them to work together to become your new, trusted go-to skincare line.
Apply retinol-based creams to target areas where weight loss is desired. Your skin will absorb the compounds serving to increase the amount of collagen and elastin for firmer results.
Another skin boosting product assisting in increasing the production of collagen includes serums with an epidermal growth factor. Always use these skin care products according to instruction for the best results.
3. Invest in a High Sun Protection Factor
Skin can lose collagen and elasticity when exposed to the sun and not provided adequate protection. To ensure you maintain the best skincare standards while losing weight, apply an SPF to prevent unnecessary damage at the dermal layer. SPF application is a very important step in managing skincare and weight loss.
Clarins Sun Care Gel To Oil Spf30 Body 150ml
|Is Adult Product|
4. Keep Hydrated
While applying topical creams and serums is important in support of firmer toned skin, you need to provide your body with cellular nourishment and replenishment to prevent loss of tone. Exercising helps burn excess calories at a rapid rate but this can adversely affect the tightness of the skin.
Drinking plenty of water and healthy alternatives such as green tea can assist the cells in maintaining its suppleness. Incorporating a balanced diet with proper hydration provides the best levels of natural support your body needs during weight loss.
5. Work on Your Muscle Tone
To avoid losing firmness and smoothness when decreasing fatty tissue, incorporate weights during your training to develop muscle. Building a muscular body will keep the skin looking tight and minimize sag but also provide your body with a beautiful toned shape. It is one of the best ways to minimize sag after you have lost any amount of weight.
To maximize muscle development, incorporate natural protein-enriched supplements. Combine your cardiovascular activities with weights.
Related: KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE
6. Include Vitamin Enriched Diets
If you do not obtain sufficient vitamin sources from your diet, consider vitamin A, E, and C as skincare sources. These powerful vitamins pack a punch in maintaining a smooth and firm complexion.
Vitamin A is found in most yellow foods helping to build collagen at the cellular level while vitamin C is an antioxidant protecting against environmental influences and aging on your skin.
Vitamin D and vitamin K are additional supplements to incorporate in support of a smooth skin tone. Skincare and weight loss goals can easily be achieved by just a healthy diet.
7. Eliminate Bad Habits
Going on a weight loss journey requires motivation and discipline. Shedding those excess pounds is a major success but keeping skin tight requires the best healthcare practices. Avoid smoking, excessive alcohol intake, and high doses of caffeine that make it harder for the body to utilize its natural resources. Decreasing and eliminating unhealthy habits provides the skin at a cellular level, the chance to maintain a supple glow.
Best Tips for Skin Care and Weight Loss; How to Keep Skin Tight After Weight Loss
Losing weight is a personal journey. It can be a tough and lonely one at times but even the smallest change is a success. To enhance these results, maintaining a tighter, firmer skin can deliver an incredible age-defying appearance. Applying skin firming products, maintaining hydration, and muscle toning exercise is among the steps you can take to manage a firmer, smoother, and beautiful complexion.
- How to Keep Skin Tight After Weight Loss
- Weight Loss and Your Skin
- 1. Slow Down Your Weight Loss
- Eve Lom Intense Firming Serum, 1 Ounce
- 2. Use Hydrating Skincare Products
- RETINOL Night Cream Face Moisturizer Anti Aging Anti Wrinkle Paraben Free - Facial Skin Repair Firming For All Skin Types
- 3. Invest in a High Sun Protection Factor
- Clarins Sun Care Gel To Oil Spf30 Body 150ml
- 4. Keep Hydrated
- 5. Work on Your Muscle Tone
- 6. Include Vitamin Enriched Diets
- 7. Eliminate Bad Habits