Best Tips for Managing Skin Care and Diabetics
Your skin can suffer a multitude of problems when managing a diagnosis of diabetes. From excessive dryness to itching, inflammation, and possible infections, your skin can suffer a lot of healthcare issues if not dealt with in the correct manner. We look at the best strategies you can apply to manage your skincare and diabetics effectively.
Related: SKINCARE AND WEIGHT LOSS
The Influence of Diabetes on Your Skin
A diabetic diagnosis can prove scary but with the right action plan, you can best manage your symptoms and the condition of your skin. When sugar levels are too high, it causes dryness and itching. The skin can become so parched that it forms minor cracks. Scratching at the itchy areas increases the risk of infection.
To avoid the complications of diabetes on your skin, the most important step is to keep your blood glucose in check. Your skin care plan should include moisturization and cleanliness with compatible hydrating and supportive products.
1. Always Monitor Your Blood Glucose Levels
AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System Kit
- Monitor your pets' diabetes from the comfort of your own home
- Calibrated specifically for cats and dogs, providing accurate results
- Small sample size and quick sample gathering process make the process easy
- Consult your veterinarian to locate the best testing site
- Use measurements collected here to guide your pets' insulin injections
With diabetes, there is no guessing your blood sugar and certainly no chance behavior. You must remain on top of your sugar levels and take your medication as instructed. Individuals presenting with Type 2 diabetes often suffer from bouts of severe itching and inflammation increases the risk of infection.
When an infection develops, there is no way your immune system is strong enough to fight it off owing to poorly balanced sugar levels. Once your diabetes is safely managed, it is easier on your body and your skin.
2. Do Not Bathe in High Temperatures
The thought of a hot indulgent bath brings a sense of relaxation and serenity but if you have diabetes, bathing in hot water could compromise your skin health. Your condition places you at greater risk of mild burns and irritation of the nerves in the hands and feet.
If you are affected by diabetic neuropathy, a thermometer assists in displaying water temperature ensuring it is not too hot for a regular bath or shower. Hot water will also contribute to further skin dryness.
3. Create a Moisturizing Routine
Gold Bond Ultimate Diabetics Dry Skin Relief, 4.5 Ounce
- GOLD BOND DIABETICS' LOTION FOR DRY SKIN: Non-greasy & fragrance-free, this GOLD BOND lotion for diabetics' dry skin is formulated with 7 intensive dry skin moisturizers, including aloe, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, & is ideal for all over body use.
- DIABETIC LOTION: With diabetes, your skin can become rough, dry, & uncomfortable. Specifically formulated for diabetics' dry skin, lotion in GOLD BOND Ultimate Diabetics' line of products helps soothe skin & provide a layer of moisture for up to 24 hours.
- GOLD BOND SKIN CARE: While GOLD BOND powder may be the best known product, GOLD BOND carries medicated and non-medicated body powders, skin creams, lotions, and ointments. From first aid to foot care and face lotion, GOLD BOND has you covered.
- GOLD BOND FOR THE HOME: Since 1908, GOLD BOND Powder has been providing comfort, soothing relief, and skincare to adults and children, from baby's first bath and powder, to eczema or psoriasis relief, to lotion for dry skin or men's 5-in-1 Face Lotion.
- ITCHY SKIN CARE: Gold Bond offers ideal skin remedy for itchy & irritated skin. Try our body care, foot care & first aid products for dry skin, foot odor, minor cuts, sunburn, insect bites & other skin issues.
The best way to protect your skin from future damage and irritation is to keep it hydrated. Areas of the skin prone to developing dry and itchy patches should remain fully moisturized. According to physicians, focus your moisturizing efforts on your legs, back, stomach and arms.
Related: Skin Care Routine For Oily Acne Skin
You can purchase special creams for diabetic skin problems, however, alternatives incorporating coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and shea butter are most effective in nourishing the driest of skin. The main reason for having skin care and diabetics in check is to avoid any form of injury on the skin as these may not heal fully.
For facial areas and your hands, applying a scrub can remove dead skin cells, dirt, and excess sebum. This allows for better absorption of hydrating products. All forms of moisturization should be applied morning and evening.
Include a high SPF lotion especially when spending time out in the sun. The sun protection factor will minimize severe burns and further drying of the epidermis, the top layer of skin.
Choosing a Moisturizer for Your Skin Type
Many moisturizing products are available but the treatment for your face is different from lotions for your body. If you experience the odd breakout and oily areas on your face, never use regular soap to wash your skin. It dries facial areas out a great deal more and exacerbates the production of oil. Cleansers for your specific skin type can maintain balance and prevent irritation.
For dry skin, an oil-based cleanser and moisturizer are recommended. Combination to oily skin can benefit from non-comedogenic products ensuring the skin is hydrated without suffering any form of blockage. If you experience acne, the use of oil-free ranges will minimize the occurrence of breakouts.
Be Mindful of the Moisturizers Purchased
If your Diabetes is causing extremes in sensitive skin and inflammation or broken skin, it is best managed with hydrating products that do not contain harsh ingredients. It is pointless using a moisturizer that causes delicate skin more irritation than good. Invest in fully nourishing products that do not contain fragrances or a long list of additives. Most chemical constituents will have an adverse impact on your dermal layers.
Maintain Good Hygiene and Keep Skin Dry
Practice regular cleansing of facial areas to keep skin clean. When bathing, thoroughly dry your body before applying moisturizing creams. Ensuring the crevices of your skin remain dry can minimize the formation of infections.
The simplest and best way of maintaining beautiful glowing skin is to drink a fair amount of fluid daily. Drinking a few glasses of water each day can minimize spikes in blood glucose levels. It also flushes out toxins and replenishes the cells helping produce suppleness and a lustrous complexion.
Skin care and diabetics solutions prevent the difficulties encountered with the condition. It is possible to manage your symptoms and achieve a balanced skin tone when you make the necessary lifestyle changes.
You may not have considered massages in diabetic skin care management but combining moisturizers with this natural technique can produce incredible results. For the face and body, gently massaging moisturizers into the target zones will provide maximum absorption of ingredients and encourage circulation. Restore a suppleness and a glow with gentle skin massages.
Healthy and Balanced Diet
To manage the healthy condition of the skin, a balanced diet incorporating Omega fats is highly beneficial. It ensures the cells receive the proper nutrition and helps the skin recover from minor damages at a cellular level.
Related: KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE
Caring for Your Skin and Managing Diabetes
- Diabetes can be a difficult condition to live with but incorporating a healthy skin care regime, checking your glucose levels, and investing in a chemical-free moisturizer make skin care easier.
- The goal is to provide optimum protection against dryness, irritation, and cracks that could quickly lead to infection.
- Always protect sensitive skin from the harsh sunlight. Monitor any changes in your complexion and act swiftly to address problems.
- With reliance on the best-individualized plans for skincare and diabetics management, it can help you maintain your health and a beautiful, soft skin tone.
- Best Tips for Managing Skin Care and Diabetics
- The Influence of Diabetes on Your Skin
- 1. Always Monitor Your Blood Glucose Levels
- AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System Kit
- 2. Do Not Bathe in High Temperatures
- 3. Create a Moisturizing Routine
- Gold Bond Ultimate Diabetics Dry Skin Relief, 4.5 Ounce
- Choosing a Moisturizer for Your Skin Type
- Be Mindful of the Moisturizers Purchased
- Maintain Good Hygiene and Keep Skin Dry
- Stay Well-Hydrated
- Healthy and Balanced Diet
- Caring for Your Skin and Managing Diabetes