We all want our faces to shine and stand out flawlessly especially during pregnancy. That is why it is important to take care of our pregnancy facial skin. We do this by having products such as facial cleansers or face wash products. This is why my focus will be on pregnancy face wash.
You probably already have a lot of these face cleanser products that you use on a daily basis. However, when you are pregnant, your skin can go through quite some changes.
It becomes very sensitive and vulnerable, this is caused by the increased hormone levels that are associated with pregnancy.
You might find out that the product that you have been using for years is starting to give you some skin problems when you conceive.
As such, you need to have products that will work with your skin and also make sure that you are protected from things like dryness and the sun’s UV rays, which can cause skin problems.
This is precisely what we will be talking about in this article. I have selected the top pregnancy facial cleansers that work perfectly on the skin if you are pregnant, to keep both you and your baby safe.
Before I dive into the pregnancy face wash products, let us first discuss how a face wash works, just for those who are not familiar with their importance.
What are face washes?
The face wash is basically products that are manufactured specifically to be used on our faces, providing us with a deep facial clean. They are also commonly called facial cleansers, mainly because they are a great way to remove impurities off the face.
The impurities here are things like dirt, debris as well as excess oils that accumulate on the skin throughout the day and night.
The accumulation of dirt or debris (even makeup residue) is one of the reasons why we sometimes have skin problems like acne. Remember, now that you are pregnant, your skin is very sensitive.
I have seen a lot of people that develop intense pregnancy acne when they are pregnant, especially when they are pregnant for the first time. All these can be prevented and treated once you have a face wash that is friendly for your sensitive skin.
Face care during pregnancy removes all these substances and leaves your face feeling smooth just immediately after you finish washing.
Related: TIPS FOR BETTER SKIN AFTER MENOPAUSE
How to use a facial cleansers product
Learning how to use a face wash shouldn’t be something you should worry about, it is very easy and it only takes a few minutes.
One thing you must know about face wash products, however, is that consistency matters the most. Once you start using a face wash, it is important that you should make it a habit to cleanse your face regularly.
The best way to make sure that you are doing it regularly is to develop a cleansing routine. In this way, you will set the cleansing times.
Also, what I like about face wash is that it leaves your face feeling good, you can feel the instant results, so once you get used to that, you will probably be looking forward to washing your face more often.
On top of that, some face washes are formulated with ingredients like lavender that leaves your face with a great scent.
So let’s talk a little about the routine that you should develop, especially considering that you are pregnant.
Pregnancy skincare routine
This is a general guide on how to take care of your face as you wait to become a mother. This is safe for you and your unborn child. Look at yourself as already taking care of your baby before it is even born. This is the ultimate skincare in pregnancy routine you will ever need.
As I said earlier, this is a general guide, so I will talk more about some different types of pregnancy skincare products that you will need to compliment the face wash products.
The skincare pregnancy routine involves 3 main techniques. These have been proven to work wonders for a lot of pregnant women. Here it goes:
1. Moisturise your Skin
Moisturizing your skin is the most important part of your skincare routine, even when you are not pregnant.
However, keeping your skin moisturized tends to be a little challenging, especially when you are pregnant. Your skin absorbs more, and some parts of your body are stretching which can make your skin quite dry, making your pregnancy a tough experience.
You want to make sure that you moisturize your skin in the morning just as soon as you wake up. You can use Cetaphil 473 ml moisturizing lotion.
2. Prevent and treat stretch marks
Believe it or not, stretch marks are some big noticeable changes that can happen to your body when you have a baby after you deliver.
As such, it is important to have products that will be applied straight to the parts of your body that are most likely to stretch, like the stomach and the hips to prevent the stretch marks. Check out my top 10 best serums for stretch marks.
Other products are available that you can apply long after you deliver, to reduce the stretch marks. You can use the safe for pregnancy skin care like Bio-Oil skincare oil to improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks.
Exfoliating is another important part that you can do to keep your face fresh. Once you exfoliate, you are removing the dead cells that can clog your pores.
When you remove the dead cells on top of your skin, you are making room for the new cells to form and also creating a situation where a hydrating product can easily be absorbed into the skin.
Remember that your skin is very sensitive at this point. Applying an exfoliating product is a bit tricky. I suggest that you go for a natural way to exfoliate your skin.
You can do this by mixing 1 tablespoon of baking soda and a few drops of water, then apply the mixture onto your face for 3 minutes. Afterward, you can rinse with water.
Note: you can exfoliate at any time of the day, as long as you do it about twice a week.
Top 10 Best pregnancy face wash
Now that we have talked about the pregnancy skin care routine that is safe for you and your baby, here is the top 10 best pregnancy face wash.
1. Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash
This is one of the most recommended product by Washington Square dermatologists. The Belli facial wash is renowned for keeping your skin’s texture the same way during pregnancy as well as after you have delivered.
Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash – Cleanse Acne-Prone Skin – OB/GYN and Dermatologist Recommended – 6.5 oz.
$19.99 in stock
- EXPECT BEAUTIFUL SKIN: Anti-Blemish Facial Was is a favorite skin care product for those struggling with pregnancy acne, adult acne, sensitive skin, or hormonal breakouts.
- ENJOY PEACE OF MIND: Belli is Picky for a Purpose to give you peace of mind. Belli's pregnancy skincare products are loved by moms before, during and after pregnancy. Every Belli product is allergy tested and free of harmful chemicals.
- COMBINE WITH OTHER BELLI PRODUCTS: For maintaining a healthy glow during pregnancy and beyond, pair our acne treatment with our facial regime Fresh Start Pre-Treatment Scrub and several other skin care products.
- OB/GYN & DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED: Belli Anti-Blemish Face Wash is completely free of the harmful ingredients usually included in acne fighting agents and completely safe for use while expecting and effective enough to use after pregnancy!
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Package includes (1) 0.5 oz. Belli Acne Control Spot Treatment featuring colloidal sulfur, tea tree oil and chamomile that absorbs quickly and penetrates pores. Our products are gluten-free and not tested on animals.
This ensured that you do not lose your beauty as a result of the pregnancy. What makes this product great for your sensitive skin is that it is free of glycolic acid, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or any parabens preservatives.
2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
The La Roche face wash is free of any oils, as compared to a lot of other facial cleansers. This makes the product ideal for people that have oily skin.
Also, it keeps your skin hydrated longer, keeping you shining and looking fresh throughout your pregnancy.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser for Oily Skin, 13.52 Fl Oz
- This gentle facial wash for oily skin with zinc pidolate effectively cleanses away dirt and oil while respecting skin's pH balance. Cleanses and purifies skin without over drying
- Cleanses and purifies skin without over drying. Tested on acne-prone skin (non comedogenicity test) and won't clog pores. Respects skin's pH balance and safe for sensitive skin
- Dermatologist Tested for Safety, Sensitive Skin Tested, Paraben Free, Allergy Tested, Non-comedogenic, Soap Free
- Formulated with Zinc Pidolate: Known for its purifying properties to help remove excess oil
- Cleanse morning and/or evening. Wet face with lukewarm water and apply small amount of gel, massaging the skin gently to form a rich lather. Rinse thoroughly with water
3. InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
The InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser comes with potent antioxidants like Vitamin C and natural Organic Aloe.
Facial Cleanser - Vitamin C Face Wash - Anti Aging, Breakout & Blemish, Wrinkle Reducing, Exfoliating Gel - Clear Pores on Oily, Dry & Sensitive Skin with Organic & Natural Ingredients - 6.7 oz
$24.95 in stock
- Vitamin C Cleanser refines skin tone and texture, hydrates and refreshes, decreases the appearance of blackheads and pores, and helps reduce and prevent the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, and fine lines.
- Ingredients: Infused with the natural antioxidant Vitamin C and extracts such as Green Tea, Chamomile, and Sugar Cane, our face wash defends the skin, while Coconut Water and Aloe leave the skin feeling hydrated and refreshed.
- What to Expect: 89% of customers said they felt an overall improvement in skin after using our cleanser. It is the ultimate facial cleanser for all skin types.
- New Design: You might receive our face wash in either the classic pump bottle or the new, convenient squeeze tube packaging when you order from us. The new design makes application mess-free and allows for easy portability, making it perfect for your on-the-go beauty routine. Rest assured, it delivers the same amazing benefits and performance as before, so you can trust that your skin will continue to look and feel its best.
- InstaNatural Core Clean Promise: Our skin care products are formulated without 1500+ ingredients such as parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance, PEGs, petroleum, and formaldehyde releasors. Our products are certified cruelty-free.
It is one of the most loved products out there and my personal recommendation. On the first day of using it, you will feel the changes.
Plus, it is rich in Vitamin C, which naturally clears your pores and keeps your skin healthy.
4. No B.S. Natural Face Wash
Once you have sensitive skin, you need a product that will have a creamy foam on your skin when you are using it, to keep your skin soft and the No B.S. face wash is no exception.
No B.S. Foaming Cleanser - Natural Face Wash For Women and Men - Gentle Facial Cleanser, Great For Daily Use. Acne Face Wash And Exfoliator. Vegan.
- SULFATE-FREE & ALL NATURAL: Works to remove makeup and dirt without stripping away natural oils. Great for sensitive skin, you'll get the power of an exfoliating face wash and effectiveness of an acne face wash all in one product.
- USES CUCUMBER, GREEN TEA & ALOE VERA: All combine to help make a gentle, natural face wash that helps reduce inflammation, fight acne, and moisturize your skin.
- CLEAN POTENT FORMULAS: No parabens, no sulfates, no phthalates, no toxic petrochemicals, no artificial fragrances. Suitable for all skin types and ages, even sensitive skin!
- VEGAN, CRUELTY FREE, & WE GIVE BACK: No BS collaborates with shelters dedicated to improving the lives of those in need by donating a percentage of every sale.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Loved by customers who have tried every acne face wash, organic face wash, and natural face wash. Pair with our Collagen Moisturizer or Purifying Toner to create your skincare routine.
It keeps your face hydrated all day, and it comes with a combination of cucumber, green tea, and aloe, which all work together to fight and to prevent breakouts.
As of every facial cleanser, is another good skincare for pregnancy product. Apply this product twice a day in the morning and in the evening, for best results.
5. Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk
Just as the name states, this product comes with all-natural ingredients, which most likely can’t harm your skin. In fact, Andalou Cleansing milk is 100% vegan.
Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk 6 Ounce
$8.99 in stock
- CLEANSING MILK FOR DRY SKIN Andalou Naturals' Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk uses probiotics & resveratrol CoQ10, blended with apricot & borage oils, to gently cleanse makeup & impurities from the skin & pores, leaving skin feeling & looking fresh.
- AGE DEFYING, NATURE INSPIRED Andalou Naturals Age Defying skincare products for dry skin, fine facial lines, & wrinkles with antioxidants for reparative & revitalizing support. Help smooth & diminish fine lines or wrinkles for a youthful or ageless look.
- FRUIT STEM CELL SCIENCE Every Andalou Naturals' personal care product—including face masks, creams, serums, moisturizers, cleansers, and toners—use nature's own antioxidant defense solution to help protect & support a youthful, revitalized, healthy look.
- INGREDIENTS FROM NATURE Andalou Naturals supports Superior Source Ingredient Standards in the personal care natural product industry & use ingredients that are organic, non-GMO, gluten free, vegan, sustainable, fair trade, cruelty free, & nature derived.
- Andalou Naturals: Non-GMO remains a core brand value of Andalou Naturals and we continue to source superior non-GMO ingredients for our products
It goes deep in the skin to remove all the dirt, debris, and makeup residues, making sure that you always look gorgeous as you expect your baby’s arrival.
6. Bella B Foaming Face Wash
The Bella B face wash is another great product that contains organic ingredients, which are all formulated to minimize the effects of pregnancy on your facial skin like acne when pregnant.
BELLA B Foaming Face Wash 4 oz - Bella B Face Wash - Organic Face Wash - Pregnancy Face Wash - Maternity Face Wash - Pregnancy Safe Acne Treatment - Acne Face Wash Pregnancy - Pregnancy Safe Face Wash
- TEA TREE FOAMING FACIAL CLEANSER: A gentle acne face wash with pharmaceutical-grade tea tree oil.
- PREGNANCY SAFE ACNE PRODUCTS: Free of parabens, benzoil peroxide, alpha hydroxy and salicylic acid.
- KEY EMOLLIENTS: The best foaming face wash for moms, with natural emollients like shea and aloe.
- ORGANIC PREGNANCY SKINCARE: Made with organic pomegranate, green tea and acai berry.
- DIRECTIONS: Use this hypoallergenic face wash twice daily for clean, clear skin.
It also contains tree oil, which comes with some anti-aging benefits. This means that you get to look young when you are pregnant.
The best part about this product is that it is perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin will accept it.
Related: 11 BEAUTY MUST-HAVES FOR BLACK GIRLS
SKIN PROBLEMS DURING PREGNANCY
STRETCH MARKS PREGNANCY, CAUSES, AND TREATMENTS
TOP 10 BEST CREAMS FOR OLD STRETCH MARKS
7. Body Boost Clarifying Daily Face Wash
This is a chemical-free solution by body boost that makes your face shine while giving you that pop that you mostly need.
Body Boost Daily Clarifying Face Wash, 6 oz Citrus Mint
- Pregnancy Safe Face Wash for blemishes, breakouts and uneven skin tone
It works to removes any impurities that are in your skin while making your skin feel soft and smooth. It is an ideal choice for people of all skin types.
The body boost face wash is enriched with lavender, so it will give you a great scent during, and after you have used it.
8. Cetaphil Gentle Face Cleanser
Remember that when you are pregnant, your skin is going through a lot of changes even your feelings change.
CETAPHIL Gentle Skin Cleanser | 20 fl oz | Hydrating Face Wash & Body Wash | Ideal for Sensitive, Dry Skin | Non-Irritating | Won't Clog Pores | Fragrance-Free | Soap Free | Dermatologist Recommended
- CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSING CLOTHS FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Leave skin feeling clean and refreshed
- AMERICA'S #1 BEST SELLING FACIAL CLEANSER: Gentle face wash for all skin types; ideal for sensitive, dry skin
- DEVELOPED FOR EVEN THE MOST SENSITIVE SKIN: This pH balanced, fragrance-free formula is hypoallergenic
- GENTLE ENOUGH FOR USE WITH OR WITHOUT WATER: Follow with a CETAPHIL facial moisturizer to lock in moisture
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All Cetaphil products are effective yet non-irritating
You want to use a facial product that doesn’t contain any harmful products. Instead, you want to have something that has all-natural ingredients. These are safe for whatever skin type you may have.
The Cetaphil face cleanser is a great replacement for that general soap that you use on a daily basis. It is time for a change to this facial cleanser. It gives you a deep cleanse while keeping your skin hydrated and giving it shine you most likely deserve.
9. Christina Moss Naturals Face Wash
Containing all-natural ingredients, the Christina Moss facial wash has delivered good results to a lot of pregnant women.
Face Wash - Facial Cleanser Made With Organic & Natural Ingredients - Skin Clearing Soap, Anti Blemish, Fights Acne, Non Drying, Non Oily No Harmful Chemicals. For Women & Men. Christina Moss Naturals
- Christina Moss Naturals Light Foam Cleanser Face Wash is the best face wash for women & works well as a mens face wash too. Our Face Cleanser is for oily skin, dry skin & sensitive skin. Made with organic aloe & clean, pure skin soothing ingredients.
- Our lightly foaming face wash is no ordinary face wash. It is a hydrating gentle face cleanser that can be used as a kids face wash too. It's a face soap, face cleaner that is a blackhead face wash and a morning face wash. For use at night too.
- Our Facewash gently and thoroughly cleanses your skin without stripping, drying or leaving build-up. A dime size drop will cleanse your whole face. Our face wash makeup remover works excellent with a facial cleansing brush, face sponge or cloth.
- Face cleansing removes dirt, oil, and other debris. During the day, the skin on your face is continually covered with various pollutants, dirt, and old dead skin cells. Daily facial washing removes these impurities to give the skin a fresh look.
- NO harmful chemicals of any kind (no chemical preservatives, no SLS, SLES, Propylene Glycol, PG derivatives, parabens, sulfates, dyes or synthetic fragrance). Greatly improves condition of the skin and pores. Works for ALL skin types. Hypoallergenic
It doesn’t contain parabens or other chemicals like Propylene Glycol, PG derivatives, sulfates, dyes, or synthetic fragrances.
Related: Birth Control Pills and Weight Gain
10. Aleavia Purifying Organic Facial Cleanser
The final product that made it on our list of the top 10 best pregnancy face wash is the Aleavia Facial cleanser.
Well renowned for providing a deep cleanse while being gentle on the skin, this is one of the highly recommended products on this list of safe face wash during pregnancy.
Purifying Organic Facial Cleanser | Aleavia Presents The Leading Facial Wash Treatment Made With Aloe Vera To Prevent Acne & Oily Skin | Exfoliate & H
- *Aleavia - Leading Organic Skin Care Solutions. Treat Your Skin Naturally, Efficiently & Affordably.
- *100% Natural, Organic With No Toxins, Chemicals Or Paraben and GMO-Free | Free Of All Artificial Fragrances and Dyes.
- *Easily & Quickly Removes All Face, Eye & Even Waterproof Make-Up. Making Your Daily Facial Treatments Extremely Efficient.
- *Helps To Stabilise The pH Of The Skin With Natural Aloe Vera. Helps To Drastically Reduces Rosacea.
- *Hydrates Your Skin. Helps Combat Anti-Aging & Signs of Acne & Scaring | 8oz Bottle.
It contains Aloe Vera which reduces redness problems, nourishes the skin, clears the clogged pores, and gives you that shine. However, this product is not ideal when you want to take off eye makeup.
- What are face washes?
- How to use a facial cleansers product
- Pregnancy skincare routine
- 1. Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash
- 2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
- 3. InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser
- 4. No B.S. Natural Face Wash
- 5. Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk
- 6. Bella B Foaming Face Wash
- 7. Body Boost Clarifying Daily Face Wash
- 8. Cetaphil Gentle Face Cleanser
- 9. Christina Moss Naturals Face Wash
- 10. Aleavia Purifying Organic Facial Cleanser