Those dreaded stretch marks are the red and white squiggly lines and marks that develop along your buttocks, abdomen, underarms, and thighs. While most women experience skin changes during and post-pregnancy, these marks can become prominent but it is also owed to rapid weight gain and the expansion of the skin.
Read Related: 10 Best Serums For Stretch Marks
Top Selected List
Most commonly found across the thighs, these prominent marks can increase self-consciousness and cause irritation. How to get rid of stretch marks on your thigh requires a comprehensive approach from prevention to various treatments that will work for you.
We take a look at the best ways to manage and relieve those dreaded stretch marks.
Stretch Mark & Scar Repair Cream-Reduces the Appearance of Old & New Stretch Marks. Rapidly Fades Away Scars. Body Moisturizing Ingredients to Boost Collagen & Elasticity for Men & Women.
- Diminishes and reduces the appearance of new and existing stretch marks and scars. Enhances the skin’s natural repair process. Penetrates deeply to restore, correct and repair stretch marks in the lower layers of skin where they form.
- Brightens the appearance of marks on the top layers of skin and increases the production of collagen and elastin for more flawless and healthier looking skin.
- Nourishing, clearing, and hydrating repair lotion that reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars by increasing the moisture content of the skin and helps to keep the moisture locked in. This will dramatically improve your skin’s elasticity to prevent new marks and tears from forming.
- For use by both men and women. Stretch marks are most commonly associated with pregnancy, but most men and woman usually have some type of problem areas. This highly effective formula will help to reduce stretch marks and body scars on the abdomen, hips, arms, stomach, and upper thighs. No need to feel embarrassed by those unsightly discolored stripes and marks! *****OUR RECOMMENDATION:***** Most effective when combined with our Deep Pore Cleanser, and Best New Exfoliating Face & Body Scrub.
- Join thousands of satisfied customers who have discovered the exceptional value and quality of Beauty Facial Extreme’s skin care products. We invite you to visit our Amazon storefront and discover the beauty that awaits you. Beauty Facial Extreme's products work, and they work extremely well. We stand behind our products 100%, with a guarantee of significantly transforming your skin to achieve healthy and more vibrant skin. Order Now, 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks consist of the lines and the irregular marks that form along with areas of the skin that have stretched rapidly. The colors range from red and purple to white. Weight gain beyond the skin’s capacity to accommodate the change often leads to stretch marks.
Stretch marks occur because the collagen in your epidermal layers deteriorates and is unable to keep up with the distention of your skin.
The formation of red stretch marks makes it easier to treat with oils and massage, however, the white stripes are permanent and specific advanced techniques needed to decrease the severity of its appearance.
A multitude of techniques is available to manage the appearance and the extent of these scars. From herbal remedies and prescription medication to specific ointments. If you are pregnant, it is important to consult with your physician first concerning the treatments that are safe for prevention and intervention.
Read Related: Stretch Marks Pregnancy, Causes, And Treatments
Stretch Marks on Your Thighs
Women tend to gain weight in their thighs relatively quickly making this area of your body increasingly susceptible to stretch marks. Treatments range from miracle creams to laser therapy but a specific application is determined by the size and the age of the scars.
While you may not get rid of the majority of these marks, you can work towards minimization and protect it from developing.
Body Boost Fragrance Free Stretch Mark Butter, 8 oz-Repair Stretch Marks and Scars- Clinically Proven Ingredients- Pregnancy and Nursing Safe
- BODY BOOST STRETCH MARK BUTTER: Stop Stretch Marks Now! Stretch Mark Prevention and Repair that stops itching and heals dry skin instantly.
- INGREDIENTS THAT WORK- GOTU KOLA: Plant ingredient with a high concentration of Triterpenoids- natural compounds that strengthen core connective tissue for better skin resiliency. Shown in studies to prevent skin damage, scars and stretch marks.
- ROSEHIP, GRAPESEED, JOJOBA & BORAGE OILS: High in linoleic acid to fortify collagen and elastin, tone and repair.
- SHEA: Nutrient Rich base butter.
- SAFE and EFFECTIVE: Pregnancy and nursing safe. Clinically tested for ZERO allergy and sensitivity. Made in the USA. No animal testing or animal products.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks
If you are affected by stretch marks there are steps you can take to lessen its appearance and reduce the itching and irritation it causes. Prevention must be implemented to avoid developing additional scars.
When you need to know how to get rid of stretch marks on your thigh, learn of the methods available and which of these will work best for your needs. The best cure is prevention.
If you notice stretch marks forming across your thighs, first control your diet. Excess sugars, fats, and processed foods could accelerate its formation and make it worse. Remain hydrated and include as many vegetables, fruits, and proteins as possible.
Massaging the target areas with a topical oil or cream is important. Products containing deeply nourishing and hydrating properties such as shea butter are beneficial when applied to the skin to prevent future stretch mark formation.
These ingredients combined with the action of massage helps stimulate circulation and better absorb the moisturizing ingredients. It assists with collagen and elastin to prevent the scarring that occurs as the skin extends.
It is a simple yet effective strategy for women during pregnancy and those experiencing weight gain.
Related: 11 BEAUTY MUST-HAVES FOR BLACK GIRLS
10 Best pregnancy face wash
Benefits Of Getting Your Beauty Sleep
Best Korean Toner For Sensitive Skin
Stretch marks can become itchy, irritated, and sensitive. Moisturizing your thighs provides the skin the moisture it needs to soften these areas and relieve the irritation.
Cocoa butter, coconut oil, and perfume-free intensive moisturizers are great for stretch marks. It offers maximum hydration for the most part of the day helping keep the skin soft, moisturized, and supple.
Massaging these products across your thighs every morning and evening assists in reducing the uneven and lumpy feel that deep stretch marks can cause.
Care for your skin by using a mild exfoliating scrub a few times a week. Exfoliation across your thighs will reduce excess skin cell accumulation and dirt. The rubbing and scrubbing motion aids in increased circulation and prevents further skin deterioration.
Exfoliation also prepares the target area for maximum absorption of hydrating products. Always gently apply the scrub in a circular motion.
Brooklyn Botany Arabica Coffee Body Scrub & Face Scrub - 100% Natural - Coconut and Shea Butter - Best Anti Cellulite & Stretch Mark Treatment, Spider Vein Therapy for Varicose Veins & Eczema - 10 oz
$11.99 in stock
- COMBAT CELLULITE NATURALLY: Our Coffee Body Scrub, Facial Scrub, Hand Scrub, and Foot Scrub is great for reducing the appearance of cellulite! Massage our anti cellulite coffee body scrub onto any problem area. It may help reduce the appearance of cellulite. We combine the best quality coffee grounds with moisturizing, skin-soothing coconut oil and dead sea salt for an extra exfoliating and moisturizing kick. Use for a better experience than any cellulite cream or cellulite removal cream.
- SPA QUALITY BODY SCRUB, FACIAL SCRUB, FOOT SCRUB, & SKINCARE TREATMENT: Exfoliating your skin to remove dead skin gives you a fresher, younger, and moisturized appearance. The coffee grounds in this body scrub are a natural exfoliator that help freshen your skin, and reveal new, healthy skin underneath. Arabica Coffee contains enzymes and acidic properties that help exfoliate and remove dead skin.
- REDUCES SIGNS OF AGING SKIN: This Body Scrub & Face Scrub Exfoliator and Moisturizer can help with aging skin! Our exfoliating and moisturizing Body Scrub is loaded with antioxidants, which help fight the appearance of premature skin aging like wrinkles, sun spots, and fine lines. The caffeine restricts blood vessels, which reduces swelling and inflammation. When applied under and around your eyes, it can help in minimizing the appearance of puffy eyes and dark circles under your eyes.
- VERSATILE SKIN CARE FULL BODY SCRUB: This extremely versatile exfoliating and moisturizing scrub can be used as a face scrub, lip scrub, body scrub, hand scrub, foot scrub, and more! Use everywhere on your body to keep your skin smooth and clear! It works as an amazing exfoliator, while not drying out your skin like a lot of other exfoliating products do. It also keeps your skin moisturized and smooth, and it smells amazing!
- 100% NATURAL ARABICA COFFEE BODY SCRUB, FACIAL SCRUB, HAND SCRUB, & FOOT SCRUB: Our Arabica Coffee Body Scrub is made in NY, USA using only the highest quality ingredients. It does not contain alcohol, parabens, or sulfates. It is All-Natural, Vegan, and Cruelty Free.
3. Laser Treatment
If you have tried creams and oils to relieve the stretch marks on your thighs with little to no success, consider laser therapy. Although it may appear extreme, lasers are effective in targeting the specific scars on your thighs by breaking down scar tissue.
Laser light treatment is only suitable for new stretch marks that are red to purple in color. The occurrence of white stretch marks on your thighs may respond to light therapy as the skin is encouraged to produce melanin to conceal the scars.
Consultation with your laser therapist or dermatologist will determine whether this technique is best for your skin health.
4. Chemical Treatments
When determining how to get rid of stretch marks on the thigh, you must apply hydration, exfoliation, and laser treatments before attempting a chemical peel. Severe stretch marks on your thighs may improve with the application of a chemical peel.
This procedure is designed to remove the top layer of skin including any damages present in the epidermis. Stretch marks vary in intensity. The lighter scars including red and purple may respond to chemical peels but deeper marks that surpass the epidermis will not respond to a chemical peel.
If you are seeking more invasive options to treat your stretch marks, always consult with an experienced and certified practitioner who knows what they are doing.
Alternatives for Stretch Marks on Thighs
Keeping your weight well managed can prevent further scarring. Continue to moisturize your skin even if the silver to white stretch marks are present. The circulation and nourishing ingredients can soften skin and prevent these scars from becoming increasingly prominent over time.
To conceal stretch marks on your thighs, apply a waterproof concealer or foundation. While makeup cannot remove stretch marks, it can help you decrease the prominence of its appearance.
Stretch marks are frustrating and may seem unappealing but providing your skin some extra TLC can make a significant difference in the condition of these marks and helps prevent additional stretch marks from forming across your thighs.