There are very good reasons why virtually every article on beauty sleep supports the notion of 8 hours of proper rest.
|The Benefits of Getting Your Beauty Sleep|
|How Sleep Affects the Skin|
|What is Beauty Sleep?|
|Go to Sleep Earlier|
|Learn How to Wind Down|
|Sleeping Well Facilitates Weight Loss|
|Decrease Swelling and Water Retention|
|Incorporate a Nightly Skincare Regime|
|Invest in a Good Night’s Rest|
The Benefits of Getting Your Beauty Sleep
Not only is sleep essential to keep your body energized and functional but it helps cells recover and improves immune system strength. Your skin also relies on beauty sleep and without it, you could suffer some serious problems. Try this Simple Overnight Beauty Tips.
From swelling and inflammation to dark puffy eyes and a dry or overly oily complexion, a multitude of issues are related to the activity as simple as sleeping.
We take a closer look at the top benefits of getting your beauty sleep.
SkinMedica Vitamin C+E Complex, 1 Fl Oz
- Improve the appearance of skin tone and texture
- Enhanced skin brightness for a more youthful appearance
- Time-release system delivers vitamin c and e throughout the day
- TSA Friendly Skin Care
How Sleep Affects the Skin
- Poor sleep will lower your blood pressure, causing puffiness around the eyes and reduced circulation.
- Cortisol is a stress hormone that is released when your body lacks rest.
- Cortisol will increase the formation of wrinkles as it decreases collagen production.
- You will lose the beautiful plumpness in your skin and develop more of a withdrawn, sallow complexion.
- Sleep remains an important part of maintaining a youthful appeal. Getting enough sleep not only contributes to a well-functioning body but it is also vital for the healthy condition of your skin.
- If you are experiencing dermal imbalances from excessive oil to dry patches, it is best to stay hydrated, apply the proper skin maintenance products, and get your much-needed beauty sleep. Struggling with sunburn? Try these Remedies for Sunburn.
Ultrax Labs Eye Bloom | Under Eye Cream for Wrinkle Repair, Puffiness, Dark Circles and Bags
$13.99 in stock
- #1 Rated Under Eye Circle Treatment
- Smooth out Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- See noticeable improvement within weeks
- Achieve fresh looking skin, Absorbs Easily
- **100% Guaranteed**
What is Beauty Sleep?
Beauty sleep is the deep sleep you experience when resting. It is the 8 to 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep you need for your cells to recover, replenish, and rejuvenate. It leaves you feeling and looking fresh and relaxed upon waking.
A lack of sufficient sleep, particularly over a period of time can cause dark eye circles to form. It increases inflammation and can leave skin looking dull and dry. Also, check out my Korean cleansing oil for acne skin.
Catching up on your sleep can certainly have a beautifying effect and here’s how to make the most of it:
Go to Sleep Earlier
If you wake up early in the morning, be sure to plan your bedtime accordingly. While 7 hours of sleep should work, always aim for 8 hours without constant interruptions. You need to experience a deep REM sleep in which your body recovers from the activities of the day.
Glycolic Acid Facial Cleanser - Wrinkle, Fine Line, Age Spot, Acne & Hyperpigmentation Exfoliating Face Wash - Clear Skin & Pores - Glycolic, Organic Extract Blend & Arginine - InstaNatural - 6.7 oz
$24.95 in stock
- Smooths, Clears and Renews: Our Glycolic Cleanser gently exfoliates to break down buildup to soften and brighten skin while reducing the appearance of pores, lines, wrinkles and discoloration
- Clean Skincare that Works: This deep cleaning facial cleanser combines Cucumber, Green Tea, and Chamomile Extracts to calm and hydrate for a smooth, blemish-free complexion
- Your Skincare Routine, Powered by Vitamin C: Pair our cleanser with our Glycolic AHA Toner, Retinol Bakuchiol Serum and Retinol Moisturizer for an effective skincare regimen
- Our Core Clean Promise: We are committed to creating skincare products formulated without potentially harmful ingredients, showing the world how effective natural beauty products can be
- Great for All Skin Types: Our Glycolic Cleanser, in our convenient, mess free tube, is gentle enough even for sensitive skin. For a limited time, you may receive either pump bottle or tube packaging
Learn How to Wind Down
If you have trouble falling asleep, there are steps you can take to ensure you receive your beauty sleep. Active days and restlessness in the evening are common complaints. To get to sleep on time, you need to tell your body it is time to wind down. Do you want the best moisturizer? Try these 10 BEST KOREAN MOISTURIZER FOR COMBINATION SKIN.
- A relaxing bubble bath with a soothing dim light is a great way to relax and rejuvenate.
- Turn the television, PC screen, and mobile off before bed to avoid being stimulated by the light and images.
- Keep your room dark and invest in some block out window trim to avoid street light creeping in.
- Incorporate a healthy diet, low in sugars and high in protein to keep you satiated and without craving food late into the night.
- Incorporate natural remedies and soothing herbal solutions to support a restful and peaceful state including aromas such as lavender.
- Speak to a doctor if you suffer from ongoing insomnia.
Sleeping soundly and getting those important beauty hours will release naturally healing hormones. It is during the deepest phase of sleep that your body and your skin can heal. Growth hormone is released during REM sleep.
Growth hormone assists in repairing minor cell damage including the damages caused by sun exposure, pollution, and the production of new cells to keep your complexion looking and feeling great. This is the reason you wake up feeling ready to take on the world after a good night’s rest. Are you experiencing dry skin? try these 10 BEST KOREAN FOAM CLEANSER FOR DRY SKIN.
Dr. Janet’s Balanced By Nature Products FaceTime Face Cream - With Collagen-Elastin for Anti-Aging, Smoother Skin, Improved Elasticity, Hydration Day & Night - 2 oz.
|Is Adult Product|
Sleeping Well Facilitates Weight Loss
The deeper and longer you sleep, the better it is for managing effective weight loss. When you do not sleep enough, the hormones in your body will cause cravings which leads to unhealthy snacking. Studies have revealed that people trying to lose weight experience successful weight loss results faster when remaining well-rested.
Ever feel just miserable when looking out your window in the morning? You are not alone. A late night out; work or improper sleep, can all contribute to a moody and foul start to the day.
The major benefit of getting your beauty sleep is the mood-stabilizing effects it has on your mind and body. Sufficient sleep states can minimize depression and help you don a genuine smile. People with sensitive skin must try these 10 BEST KOREAN TONER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN.
Research has shown that a large percentage of people suffering from insomnia are at increased risk of developing depression. Keep your mood up and feel good ensuring you invest in your beauty sleep.
Decrease Swelling and Water Retention
Resting can help your body regulate the water that is retained in your body. This prevents the formation of those dreaded under-eye bags and feeling bloated first thing in the morning. Allowing swelling and water retention increases the formation of wrinkles on your delicate facial areas.
Incorporate a Nightly Skincare Regime
With most healing and replenishing of the skin cells taking place at night, we suggest using a nourishing and firming night cream. The human growth hormone is crucial to maintaining a youthful appeal and is released while sleeping. You can accelerate the process by applying serums and anti-aging solutions. Do you have stretch marks? try these 10 BEST SERUMS FOR STRETCH MARKS.
Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face and Eye Area - Made in USA - with Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E - Best Day and Night Anti Aging Formula to Reduce Wrinkles, Fine Lines & Even Skin Tone.
|Is Adult Product|
|Size||FineVine Retinol Moisturizer Cream|
- Start by cleansing with a compatible product. Always choose the solutions that work with your skin type.
- Use a toner that does not contain alcohol and is not harsh on your skin.
- Apply your serums, anti-aging moisturizers, and eye creams. It is important to start a skincare regime as early as your 20s but really focus on the application of wrinkle and fine line prevention products in your 30s and continue with age-appropriate products.
Invest in a Good Night’s Rest
Sleeping soundly for 8 to 9 hours is not only beneficial for your general physical health but also for your skin. Prepare a bedtime routine to support a restful state and ensure that you receive the maximum benefits of getting your beauty sleep.
This will prevent wrinkle formation, support a smooth, plump complexion, and help you maintain a beautiful youthful glow naturally.